In this section:
AppCode provides CoffeeScript support. AppCode recognizes
*.coffee files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side. CoffeeScript files are marked with icon.
Preparing for CoffeeScript development
- Make sure the CoffeeScript plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with AppCode and activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the AppCode Preferences as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Configure the Node.js interpreter in AppCode:
- Open the by choosing , and click Node.js and NPM under Languages & Frameworks.
- On the Node.js and NPM page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- CoffeeScript-specific refactoring procedures, such as change signature, extract parameter, extract variable.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (⌃⌥B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: