Installation and Launching
On this page:
- Downloading and installing AppCode
- Starting AppCode
- Creating a command-line launcher
- Importing AppCode usage preferences from a previous version
Downloading and installing AppCode
You can download the latest version of AppCode from the JetBrains website.
To install AppCode, open the
.dmg package, and drag or copy AppCode to the Applications folder.
Creating a command-line launcher
To create the launcher:
- Open or create a project.
- Select .
- Specify the launcher name and location. (The defaults are
Importing AppCode usage preferences from a previous version
- I want to import my settings from a previous version (<path>). If this option is present in the dialog, the directory that contains the AppCode settings and license information is found at its default location. (The corresponding path is shown within the option name in parentheses.) Most likely, this is the option that you want.
- I want to import my settings from a custom location. You may have the directory with the settings and license information available but not at its default location. If the option discussed above is missing, AppCode doesn't know where this directory is; the path initially shown in the field is just a guess, and there's no guarantee that the necessary folder is really there. To import the settings in this case, you can specify the folder with the settings (if you know where it is) .
- I do not have a previous version of AppCode or I do not want to import my settings. If this is your case, select this option.
See also, Exporting and Importing Preferences.