Groups of Live Templates
Live Templates are managed on the Live Templates page of the AppCode Preferences. For your convenience, templates are arranged in groups, most often in accordance with the context they are sensitive to.
AppCode comes with a set of predefined groups of templates. In addition to them, you can define your own custom groups and templates. It is strongly recommended that you avoid storing custom templates in predefined AppCode groups. For this purpose, use the user group, or a new group.
AppCode stores definitions of custom live template groups and templates added to predefined template groups in automatically generated configuration files
- For a custom group, the file contains definitions of all the templates the group includes.
- For a customized predefined group, the file contains definitions of the added templates only.
<group_name>.xmlfiles are stored at the following locations:
Each group is represented by an
xml file with the name
<group>.xml; for example,
css.xml. These files are stored in the
config/templates directory that resides in the AppCode's user settings directory.
AppCode comes with a set of pre-defined groups of live templates. The user group, represented by
user.xml file, is intended for storing custom live templates.
Managing groups of live templates
- Open the AppCode Preferences by choosing , and click Live Templates under Editor. The Live Templates page that opens shows all the groups of live templates that are currently configured in AppCode.
- Do one of the following:
- To create a new custom group, click on the toolbar and choose Template Group on the context menu. Then specify the name for the group in the Create New Group dialog box that opens.
- To remove a group, select it in the list and click on the toolbar.
- To add a template to a group, select the group, click , and choose Live Template on the context menu. In the Template editing area, specify the settings for the new template as described in Creating and Editing Live Templates.