Markup Languages and Style Sheets
In this section:
In this part you will find information that is specific for the web content files only!
Supported markup and template languages
AppCode supports editing of files in the following markup and template languages:
The markup languages and style sheets are integrated into AppCode and can use the most powerful editing features:
- Validation and syntax highlighting.
- Code completion (N/A).
- Indentation (N/A, N/A).
- Formatting (N/A) according to the code style.
- Intention actions (N/A).
- Viewing code structure (N/A).
- Navigation in the source code (N/A).
- Integrated documentation (N/A).
- Search for usages (N/A).
- Commenting and uncommenting lines (N/A, N/A).
- Unwrapping and removing tags (N/A).
All these features work if AppCode successfully locates the DTD or schema file. In this case, all the files are validated against the DTD or schema, and the editing conveniences become available. Without a DTD or schema, only the well-formedness check is possible.
Parsing Web contents
AppCode parses Web contents files according to the following specifications:
- HTML: specification is configurable in the Default HTML language level in the Schemas and DTDs page of the Settings/Preferences dialog. By default, specification HTML 5.0 from W3C is assumed.
- CSS: specification CSS 3.0. The most common selectors are supported: universal selector
*, type selectors
.a, descendant selectors
.a.b, child selectors
.a .b, ID selectors
#b, pseudo-classes and class selectors
- AppCode uses Xerces 2.11, an XML parser developed by Apache Software Foundation Group.