Viewing Usages of a Symbol
Using the Show Usages function, you can bring up a list of the usages of a symbol across the whole project. So doing, the pop-up window with the list of usages of a symbol features a toolbar with the following buttons:
|N/A||Merge usages of the symbol from the same line.|
|N/A||Show read access to the symbol.|
|Ctrl+W||Show write access to the symbol.|
|N/A||If this button is pressed, the found usages show under the corresponding method nodes.|
|N/A||Show search results in the Find Usages tool window.|
|N/A||Open the Find Usages dialog box for the selected symbol where you can change the search options.|
To view the usages of a symbol across the project
- Place the caret at the desired symbol in the editor.
- On the main menu, choose Show Usages pop-up window which lists all occurrences of the symbol at caret. , or press N/A. AppCode displays the
- Examine and analyze the detected occurrences of the symbol:
- Use the toolbar buttons to present search results in the desired way.
- To jump from search results to a line of source code, click the desired entry.
- To close the list, press N/A.
- If necessary, customize the search options in the search options dialog box. To invoke the dialog box, do one of the following:
- In the Show Usages pop-up window, click .
- Press N/A.
Last modified: 13 December 2017