AppCode integrates with the CoffeeScript compiler, recognizes
*.coffee files, and provides full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side. CoffeeScript files are marked with .
Before you start
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Configure the Node.js interpreter in AppCode as described in Configuring a local Node.js interpreter.
- Make sure Node.js and the CoffeeScript plugins are enabled. The plugins are activated by default. If the plugins are disabled, enable them on the Plugins settings page as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (⌥⌘B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: