Creating Pull Request
Creating pull requests is a nice way to share your code with the community and to follow the collaborative development. With it you can tell others about the changes you’ve made and ask for comments, review, or just share the knowledge. With all this going on, a pull request appears in the original repository only after approval. A pull request can be prepared right from AppCode without switching to the browser.
To create a pull request:
- On the main menu, choose Create Pull Request dialog box opens. . The
- In the Base Form field, specify the repository to apply the changes to. AppCode attempts to retrieve all the relevant repositories and shows them in the drop-down list. Choose the repository from the drop-down list or click Select Other Fork and from the Form Owner drop-down list choose the name of the user who is the owner of the target repository.
- In the Base Branch field, specify the branch to apply the changes to. Click Show Diff to view the list of commits to be included in the pull request. To view the details of a commit, select it and switch to the Log tab which shows a list of files included in the selected commit list. See also Manage branches.
- In the Title field, specify the name for your request.
- In the Description field, optionally provide a brief description of the changes to be applied through the request.
- You can also Show Diff for all the changes that will be included in the request or browse the log in the adjacent tab to learn more about the commit list.