On this page you will find a short Getting Started Guide that will walk you step by step from creating a web application to debugging and testing it.
Creating a new application
- Choose File | New Project on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The New Project dialog box opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose Empty Project.
- In the right-hand pane, specify the path to the folder where the project-related files will be stored. Click Create.
If the application sources are already on your machine
Click Open on the Welcome screen or choose on the main menu. In the dialog that opens, select the folder where your sources are stored.
If the application sources are under version control
- Click Check out from Version Control on the Welcome screen or choose on the main menu.
- Select your version control system from the list.
- In the VCS-specific dialog that opens, type your credentials and the repository to check out the application sources from.
- ECMAScript 3
- ECMAScript 5.1
- ECMAScript 6: This version adds support for the features introduced in ECMAScript 2015-2017 as well as some current proposals to the standard.
- React JSX: This version adds support for the JSX syntax on top of ECMAScript 6
- Flow: This version adds support for the Flow syntax.
Downloading npm dependencies
If your application uses some tools, libraries, or frameworks, download the required packages.
- Install and enable the NodeJS plugin on the Plugins page as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
To install a package in an empty project
Open the embedded Terminal ( ) and type
npm install <package name> at the command prompt.
If you already have a package.json file in your project
package.json file in the editor or in the Project tool window and choose Run 'npm install' on the context menu.
Configuring code completion for project dependencies
To provide code completion for project dependencies, AppCode automatically creates a
- Do one of the following:
- Choose on the main menu or press N/A. Then select the desired browser from the pop-up menu.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the code to show the browser icons bar: Click the icon that indicates the desired browser.