readme files when you invoke documentation look-up from
import statements or from
package.json files. The documentation is shown in a Documentation pop-up window that helps navigate to the related symbols via hyperlinks, and provides a toolbar for moving back and forth through the already navigated pages.
To view documentation for a symbol at caret
- Press F1 or choose Documentation pop-up window.
on the main menu. The reference for the symbol is shown in the
- For a project symbol or for a symbol from the project dependencies, AppCode generates the documentation from the corresponding JSDoc comment.
d.ts). These files are bundled with AppCode and updated on a regular basis.
- If no comment is found in the
d.tsfiles, AppCode shows a summary from the corresponding MDN article.
To view the MDN documentation for a symbol at caret, do one of the following:
- In the Documentation window (F1), click the link at the bottom of the window:
- Press ⇧F1 or choose on the main menu.
- Position the cursor at the symbol in question and press ⇧F1 or choose on the main menu.
To view documentation for an npm package
- In a
package.jsonfile or in a
importstatement, position the cursor at the name of the package and press F1
- To open the documentation on the npm Official website in the browser, press ⇧F1.
To show documentation automatically
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (⌘,), click General under Editor, then click Code Completion. The Code Completion page opens.
- Select the Auto-display documentation checkbox and specify the elapsed time.
To change the font size of quick documentation, do one of the following:
- Click in the upper-right corner of the quick documentation window, and move the slider.
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (⌘,), click General under Editor and select the Change font size (Zoom) with Ctrl+Mouse Wheel checkbox.