How to Adjust CPU Cores Number
You can adjust the number of CPU cores to be used by the IDE when running the active tasks (e.g indexing header files, updating symbols, etc.) in order to keep the performance properly balanced between CLion and other applications running on your machine.
Adjusting CPU cores numberTo set up the number of CPU cores:
- Go to the Registry: Select Registry from the list of suggested options. main menu option or hit ⇧⌘A. In the dialog that opens start typing
- In this dialog, start typing
cidr.indexer.thread.count. The IDE highlights the corresponding key.
Click the Value field of the highlighted string and enter the desired number of CPU cores assuming the following:
- Negative value N means that the actual number of CPU cores will be reduced by N to determine how many cores will be used. For example, for 8 cores CPU the value -1 means, that 7 cores shall be used.
- Zero value means that every available core shall be used.
- Positive value determines the cores number to be used directly.