Although code analysis is performed on-the-fly in all open files, you may want to run it for the whole project or a custom scope and examine the results in a friendly view.
To run a code inspection
- Open the desired file in the editor. Alternatively select files or directories in the Project Tool Window. For multiple selection, click the items holding down the ⌘ key. The initial inspection scope will be confined to the opened file or the selection.
- On the main menu, choose Specify Inspection Scope dialog box opens. . The
- In the Inspection scope area, specify which files should be inspected.
- To have the source code of the entire project inspected, select the Whole Project option.
- If you are using version control integration, you can choose to only inspect uncommitted files.
- To run an inspection for the currently opened file, or the file(s)/folder(s) selected in the Project view, select the File/Directory option.
- To apply inspect code in a specific scope, select the Custom scope option, then choose the desired scope from the drop-down list or click Browse and configure a new scope in the Scopes dialog box.
- To have test source files inspected too, select the Include test sources check box.
- Specify the inspection profile to apply. Do one of the following:
- Click OK to run code analysis.
- Examine results in the Inspection Results Tool Window.
Last modified: 16 August 2018