Use this settings page to select custom spelling dictionaries, create your own dictionaries, add user words, and thus expand the basic spell checking support provided by AppCode by default.
Use this tab to configure the dictionaries to be used for spellchecking.
This area displays the list of user-defined dictionary files, which can be any of the following:
- The built-in project-level and application-level dictionaries, which you populate by manually saving words to them.
- Plain text files with the
dicextension, containing words separated with a newline.
- Hunspell dictionaries, comprised of two plain text files commonly sharing the same name, for example,
dicfile contains a list of words together with the applicable modification rules. The
afffile list prefixes and suffixes regulated by a specific modification rule. Hunspell dictionaries can be easily obtained online, for example, here.
Enable/disable a custom dictionary
- To have a custom dictionary applied in the current project, select the checkbox next to it.
- To exclude a custom dictionary from spellchecking within the scope of the current project, clear the checkbox next to it.
|⌘N||Click this button to add a new dictionary to the list.|
|⏎||Click this button to open the contents of a dictionary in a new editor tab.|
|⌘⌦||Click this button to remove the selected dictionary from the list.|
This area displays a list of the dictionaries that are bundled with AppCode.
Enable/disable a bundled dictionary
- To have a bundled dictionary applied in the current project, select the checkbox next to it.
- To exclude a bundled dictionary from spellchecking within the scope of the current project, clear the checkbox next to it.
Advanced SettingsIn this area you can specify the advanced spellchecking settings.
|Use single dictionary for saving words|| Defines the behavior of the Save 'word' to dictionary intention action invoked on a mistyped word: |
|Maximum number of suggestions||Sets the limit on the maximum number of words that are suggested on invoking the Change to... intention action on a mistyped word.|
Accepted Words Tab
Use this tab to populate a custom dictionary with the list of words that should be skipped by the Typo inspection.
|⌘N||Click this icon to open the Add New Word dialog box and specify a new entry there. CamelCase or snake_case are not supported. If you try to add a word that is already included in one of the spelling dictionaries, AppCode displays an error message The word <just typed word> is already in the dictionary.|
|⌘⌦||Click this button to delete the selected item from the list.|