Using Mercurial Integration
With the Mercurial integration enabled, you can perform basic Mercurial operations from inside AppCode.
In this section:
- Mercurial is installed on your computer.
- The location of the Mercurial executable file
hg.exeis correctly specified on the Mercurial page of the Settings/Preferences dialog box.
- Mercurial integration is enabled for the current project root or directory.
If you want to use a remote repository, create a Mercurial hosting account first. You can access the remote repository through a pair of
ssh keys or apply the username/password and keyboard interactive authentication methods supported by the Mercurial integration.
- When Mercurial integration with AppCode is enabled, the Editor and the Project Tool Window. item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the
- The files in the folders under the Mercurial control are highlighted according to their status. See File Status Highlights for file status highlighting conventions.
- Modifications results are shown in the Version Control tool window.
- When using Mercurial integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window. The Console tab displays the following data:
- All commands generated based on the settings you specify through the AppCode user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated Mercurial commands.
- Error messages.