AppCode makes it possible to look for any item of the source code, databases, actions, elements of the user interface, etc. in a single action.
To search everywhere, follow these steps
- Do one of the following:
- Click in the upper-right corner of the AppCode window.
- Double-press Shift
- In the pop-up window that opens, start typing the search string, to narrow down the suggestion list:
The search string can be a name of a symbol or action, an option, or an abbreviation of an action.
- Select the desired target from the suggestion list. The further behavior depends on the search target.
AppCode may silently navigate to the desired source code, show the desired setting, or a pop-up list of Find Action.
You can also just press the desired shortcut, to switch from the Search everywhere pop-up window to any other navigation and search action: for example, press ⌘O to jump to the selected class, or ⌘, to show the corresponding option in the Preferences dialog.
To configure search everywhere scopes
- In the Search Everywhere dialog, click .
- Turn on or off the desired search scopes: