User Interface Files in the Project
User interface components can be stored in two types of files: xib - for a single scene; storyboard - for multiple scenes with transitions between them.
To add a new user interface file to the project
- Do one of the following:
- In the Project tool window, select the group in which you want to create a new file, and then choose on the main menu.
- Right-click the corresponding group and select New from the context menu.
- Press ⌘N
- Select File from Xcode template.
- In the dialog that appears, select iOS | User Interface on the left and choose the desired type of the user interface file on the right, then click Next.
- Specify file name. Optionally, you can change the location of the file on the disk, the device family (which defines the dimensions of the view(s)), the group where it is added, and the targets.
- Click Finish. The new file will be addet to the project and opened in the UI Designer.
Last modified: 10 February 2016