Viewing Usages of a Symbol
Using the Show Usages function, you can bring up a list of the usages of a symbol across the whole project. So doing, the pop-up window with the list of usages of a symbol features a toolbar with the following buttons:
|⌘F||Merge usages of the symbol from the same line.|
|⌘R||Show read access to the symbol.|
|Ctrl+W||Show write access to the symbol.|
|N/A||If this button is pressed, the found usages show under the corresponding method nodes.|
|⌥F7||Show search results in the Find Usages tool window.|
|⌥⇧⌘F7||Open the Find Usages dialog box for the selected symbol where you can change the search options.|
To view the usages of a symbol across the project
- Place the caret at the desired symbol in the editor.
- On the main menu, choose Show Usages pop-up window which lists all occurrences of the symbol at caret. , or press ⌥⌘F7. AppCode displays the
Examine and analyze the detected occurrences of the symbol:
- Use the toolbar buttons to present search results in the desired way.
- To jump from search results to a line of source code, click the desired entry.
- To close the list, press ⎋.
If necessary, customize the search options in the search options dialog box. To invoke the dialog box, do one of the following:
- In the Show Usages pop-up window, click .
- Press ⌥⇧⌘F7.