Pull Members Up, Push Members Down
The Pull Members Up refactoring allows you to move class members to a superclass or protocol.
The Push Members Down refactoring helps clean up the class hierarchy by moving class members to a subclass or a subprotocol. The members are then relocated into the direct subclasses/protocols only.
Pulling members up
- Select the class to be moved to a superclass or interface.
- On the main menu or on the context menu, choose Pull Members Up dialog box appears. . The
- Select the destination object (superclass or interface).
- In the Members section, select the members you want to move.
- To move a method as abstract, select the checkbox in the column Make abstract next to the method in question.
- Click Pull to pull the selected members to their destination.
Pushing members down
- In the editor, open the class whose members you need to push down.
- On the main menu or on the context menu, choose Push Members Down dialog box displays the list of members to be pushed down. .
- In the Members to be pushed down area, select the members you want to move. Note that the member at caret is already selected.
If pushing a member might cause problems, you will be notified with red highlighting. It means that, if the situation is unattended, an error will emerge after refactoring. AppCode prompts you with a Problems Detected dialog, where you can opt to ignore or fix the problem.
- Preview and apply changes.