Configuring a DB Data Source
On this page:
- Specifying general DB data source settings
- Specifying database driver files
- Specifying database connection settings
- Testing the connection with the database
Specifying general DB data source settings
- Open the Data Sources and Drivers dialog by doing one of the following:
- If necessary, change the name of the data source.
Specify the data source scope (level). From the Scope list, select:
- Project if the data source should be available only in the current project.
- IDE if the data source should be available in all of your projects.
Specifying database driver files
In the Data Sources and Drivers dialog:
To download the necessary driver files, do one of the following:
- In the lower part of the dialog, within the line Driver files missing..., click the Download link.
- On the Database tab, under Driver files, click download.
- If the corresponding driver files are available locally, on the Database tab, under Driver files, click and select the driver file location(s) in the dialog that opens.
Specifying database connection settings
- On the Database tab of the Data Sources and Drivers dialog, specify the database host, port and name, and also the database user name and password.
- If the database should be accessed using SSH or SSL, specify the corresponding settings on the SSH/SSL tab.
Testing the connection with the database
To make sure that the database connection settings are correct, click the Test Connection button on the Database tab.
Last modified: 5 June 2015