Creating a Command Line Tool
The command line tools that are available from PhpStorm are listed in the Command Line Tool Support page of the Settings dialog box. Integration with command line tools is provided at the PhpStorm level, so once configured, a tool can be used in all your PhpStorm projects. Just activate and de-activate when necessary depending on the needs of each specific project.
You can update the command definitions of a tool
and have the
.xml definition file validated right in the PhpStorm editor.
In this section:
To create and configure a command line tool
- Open the PhpStorm settings and click the Command Line Tool Support.
- In the Command Line Tool Support page, click the Add button. In the Choose Tool to Add dialog box that opens, choose Custom Tool
- In the Tool Settings dialog box that opens, specify the following:
- When you click OK, PhpStorm brings you to the Command Line Tool Support page, where the new tool is added to the list of available tool.
Select the newly created tool and click the Open definition in editor button. In the tool definition
.xmlfile that opens in the editor, define the tool commands.
In the Show console in area, specify where you want the Input pane for typing commands opened:
- To have the Input pane opened in a pop-up window, choose the Pop-up option.
- To have the Input pane opened as a text box at the bottom of the Command Line Tools Console tool window, choose the Tool window option.
To activate a configured command line tool
- Open the PhpStorm settings, and then click the Command Line Tool Support.
- Select the Enable check box next to to the tool name.