Databases and SQL
PhpStorm features for working with databases and SQL include:
- Integration with the most popular database management systems such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server and others. To be able to work with your databases, you should define them as data sources. See Managing Data Sources.
- Database tool window for managing data structures in your databases (). See Working with the Database Tool Window.
- Database consoles that let you compose and execute SQL statements as well as analyze and modify retrieved data (Ctrl+Shift+F10 in the Database tool window). See Working with Database Consoles.
- Table editor that provides a GUI for working with table data (F4 in the Database tool window). See Working with the Table Editor.
SQL code generation and editing features in the database consoles and the editor, e.g.
Predefined code snippets (a.k.a. live templates) such as for
UPDATEand other statements (Ctrl+J).
- Auto-completion and highlighting of SQL keywords, and table and column names.
- Data type prompts for columns (Ctrl+P).
Standardized and DBMS-specific SQL dialects are supported.
- Predefined code snippets (a.k.a. live templates) such as for
- Structure view for tables in the table editor and Database Console tool window as well as for open database consoles and SQL files (Ctrl+F12). See e.g. Using the Structure view to sort data, and hide and show columns.
- Quick documentation view for database objects and table cells (Ctrl+Q). See e.g. Using the quick documentation view.
- Navigation capabilities, e.g.
- Database diagrams (Ctrl+Alt+U or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+U in the Database tool window).
Last modified: 12 July 2016