Run/Debug Configuration: NodeUnit
On this page:
- Getting Access to the Run/Debug Configuration: NodeUnit Dialog Box
- NodeUnit-Specific Configuration Settings
- Common options
Getting Access to the Run/Debug Configuration: NodeUnit Dialog Box
- Install and enable the Node.js plugin. The plugin is not bundled with PhpStorm, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins. The plugin is not bundled with PhpStorm, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Download and install the NodeJS runtime environment that contains the Node Package Manager(npm).
Install the Nodeunit testing framework in one of the following ways:
- Download the framework at https://github.com/caolan/nodeunit and install it according to the official instructions.
nodeunitpackage using the Node Package Manager (NPM) as described in Installing and Removing External Software Using Node Package Manager.
NodeUnit-Specific Configuration Settings
|Node Interpreter||In this field, specify the NodeJS installation home. Type the path to the NodeJS executable file manually, or click the Browse button and select the location in the dialog box, that opens.|
In this text box, specify the folder to find tests under. This can be the project root folder or the parent directory for the |
In this field, specify the environment variables for the NodeJS executable file, if applicable.
Click the Browse button to the right of the field and configure a list of variables
in the Environment Variables dialog box, that opens:
|Nodeunit Module||In this text box, specify the installation folder of the Nodeunit framework. Type the path manually or click the button and choose the folder in the dialog box that opens.|
From this drop-down list, choose the scope of tests to execute. The available options are:
|Name||In this text box, specify the name of the current run/debug configuration. This field does not appear for the default run/debug configurations.|
|Defaults||This node in the left-hand pane of the dialog box contains the default run/debug configuration settings. Select the desired configuration to change its default settings in the right-hand pane. The defaults are applied to all newly created run/debug configurations.|
Select this check box to make the run/debug configuration available to other team members.
The shared run/debug configurations are kept in separate xml files under
This check box is not available when editing the run/debug configuration defaults.
|Single instance only||If this check box is selected, this run/debug configuration cannot be launched more than once.
Every time a new run/debug configuration is launched, PhpStorm checks the presence of the other instances of the same run/debug configuration, and displays a confirmation dialog box. If you click OK in the confirmation dialog box, the first instance of the runner will be stopped, and the next one will take its place.
This makes sense when the usage of certain resources can cause conflicts, or when launching two run/debug configurations of the same type consumes too much of the CPU and memory resources.
If this check box is not selected, it is possible to launch as many instances of the runner as required. So doing, each runner will start in its own tab of the Run tool window.
|Before launch||Specify which tasks must be performed before applying the run/debug configuration.
The specified tasks are performed in the order they appear in the list.