System Requirements and Installation
In this section:
- 1 GB RAM minimum, 2 GB RAM recommended
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
Important! Oracle JRE 1.8 is bundled with distributions for all platforms.
- Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/Vista/2003/XP (incl.64-bit)
- Download PhpStorm from the
- Run the
PhpStorm-*.exe file that starts the Installation Wizard.
- Follow all steps suggested by the wizard. Pay special attention to the corresponding
|System Requirements ||Installation|
- OS X 10.5 or higher, including 10.10
- Only 64-bit OS X is supported.
- Download the
PhpStorm-*.dmg OS X Disk Image file from the
- Double-click the downloaded
PhpStorm-*.dmg OS X Disk Image file to mount it.
- Copy PhpStorm to your Applications folder.
- OS Linux
- KDE, GNOME or Unity DE desktop
PhpStorm-*.tar.gz file from the
- Unpack the
PhpStorm-*.tar.gz file to an empty directory using the following command:
tar xfz PhpStorm-*.tar.gz
- Because running PhpStorm from wherever you downloaded the file to may be inconvenient, it
is recommended that you move the extracted or unpacked archive folder to the desired
location using the
mv command in one of the following formats:
mv <path to extracted archive folder> <new archive folder>
mv /downloads/PhpStorm-* my/desired/location
mv <path to PhpStorm-*.tar.gz> <new archive folder>
mv /downloads/PhpStorm-*.tar.gz my/desired/location
Switch to the
bin directory in the new location:
cd <new archive folder>/PhpStorm-*/bin
PhpStorm.sh from the
Last modified: 12 July 2016