Committing Changes to a Local Git Repository
To commit changes to a local repository
- Open the Version Control tool window by pressing Alt+9 or choosing .
- In the Local Changes tab, select the files or folders you want to commit.
- Open the Commit Changes dialog box by doing one of the following:
- The Commit Changes dialog lists all files that have changed since the last commit. Select the check boxes next to the files you want to commit now.
- Add a comment in the Commit Message section and select the Before Commit options you want PhpStorm to perform on the files before committing them to the local repository.
- In the Git section, configure the following settings:
- Use the Author drop-down list to specify the person who created the changes to be committed.
- If you want to replace already published commit, select the check box Amend commit, see Git Basics: Undoing Things for details.
- Click Commit.
Last modified: 24 November 2016