Configuring PHP Development Environment
In this section:
PHP development requires the following software installed and configured:
A Web server and a PHP engine are mandatory.
Starting with version 5.4, PHP interpreters contain a built-in Web server. The server is by no means intended for production but for development and testing purposes only.
- A database server, if your application will use a database.
- A debugging tool, if you are going to debug your application.
- A command line tool, if you are going to run PHP commands from the command line.
Configuring PHP development environment
To set up the PHP development environment, follow these general steps:
- Download, install, and configure the Web server, the PHP engine, and the MySQL server. Do one of the following:
- Optionally, perform these steps: