Preparing for Joomla! Development in PhpStorm
On this page:
- Before you start
- Creating a PhpStorm project with Joomla! Intergation support
- Importing a Joomla! project
Before you start
- Download and install Joomla!.
- Make sure the Joomla! plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with PhpStorm and activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Creating a PhpStorm project with Joomla! Intergation support
- Choose on the main menu or click the New Project button on the Welcome screen. The Create New Project: Select Project Type dialog box opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose Joomla! Integration.
- In the right-hand pane, in the Location field, specify the folder where the project will be created and provide the following Joomla!-specific information:
Importing a Joomla! project
Besides creating a project anew according to the Joomla! template, you can open an existing Joomla! project in PhpStorm. PhpStorm recognizes the Joomla!-specific structure and suggests activating the Joomla! support in project.
- Open the folder with the required Joomla! project by choosing .
- As soon as PhpStorm detects the Joomla!-specific structure in the project, the following message is displayed in a pop-up window: Click the Enable link.
In the Drupal Module dialog box that opens, select the Enable Drupal integration check box
and proceed as when creating a project with a Drupal module:
- Specify the root folder of the Drupal installation in the Drupal installation path.
- Select the Set up PHP | Include paths check box to have Drupal include paths automatically configured for the project.
- From the Version drop-down list, choose the version of Drupal to use, the supported versions are 6, 7, and 8 .