Checking Out Files from Subversion Repository
By checking out files from a Subversion repository, you obtain a local working copy of the repository, which you can edit. After making the necessary changes, you can publish the results by committing, or checking in your changes to the repository.
To check out files from a Subversion repository, do the following:
- On the main menu, choose VCS | Checkout from Version Control | Subversion.
- In the Check Out From Subversion dialog box, expand the desired repository location and select the element you want to check out.
- Click the Checkout button.
In the dialog that opens, specify the destination directory where the local copy of
the repository files will be created, and click OK.
If you are checking out sources for an existing project, the destination folder should be below the project content root.
In the SVN Checkout Options dialog box, specify the following settings:
- Revision to be checked out (HEAD or a selected revision).
- Whether you need to check out the nested directories.
- Whether you need to include the external locations.
PhpStorm suggests to create a project based on the sources checked out from version control.
If you accept the suggestion, open new project, as described in the section Opening Multiple Projects.