In this section:
Development of a modern application involves using multiple languages, that is why PhpStorm is an IDE for polyglot programming. With the deep understanding of all the subtleties of the source code structure and syntax, PhpStorm extends its support to:
- CoffeeScript. Refer to the section CoffeeScript Support.
- HTML/XHTML. Refer to the section Markup Languages and Style Sheets.
- XML. Refer to the section Markup Languages and Style Sheets
- CSS: Less;Sass;
Stylus, and Compass.
Refer to Markup Languages and Style Sheets.
- PHP up to version 5.4.0 with support of syntax highlighting in
.inifiles. Refer to the section PHP-Specific Guidelines.
- SQL. Refer to the section Databases and SQL.
- Syntax and error highlighting. The color attributes are configurable in the Colors and Fonts | <language> pages of the Settings/Preferences dialog.
- File templates for the supported languages that enable creating stub classes, scripts etc.
- Live templates for creating complicated code constructs.
- Code completion.
- Code generation.
- Code folding, formatting, and highlighting.
- Intention actions and quick fixes.
- Ability to view code hierarchy.
- Quick access to the API documentation.
- Using macros in the editor.
- Advanced search and replace facilities.
- Advanced means of navigation.
- Import Assistance
- The embedded local terminal where you can execute commands without leaving PhpStorm.