Using Joomla! with PhpStorm
Use PhpStorm as an IDE for Joomla! development.
In this part:
Before you start
- Download and install Joomla!.
Before you start working with Joomla!, make sure that the Joomla! Integration plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with PhpStorm and is activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Joomla! support includes:
- Ability to create a new project.
JHTML::_($argument)is used, PhpStorm navigates with Ctrl+Click on the first argument to the corresponding class or method.
For example, consider the following code:
<?php $options = JHtml::_('select.option', $eid, $extension_name);
select.optionleads to navigation to the
optionmethod of the class
When all the other constructs are used, PhpStorm navigates with Ctrl+Click on the first argument to the corresponding property in the
*.inifile. For example, in the code
<?php msg = JText::sprintf('COM_INSTALLER_INSTALL_ERROR', JText::_('COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_' . strtoupper($package['type'])));
'COM_INSTALLER_INSTALL_ERROR'leads to navigation to the property
'COM_INSTALLER_INSTALL_ERROR'in the file
- Joomla! code style can be selected for the code in the PHP page of the Editor settings, when clicking the link Set from.
- PhpStorm detects Joomla when opening a Joomla! module/plugin/extension or a Joomla! root folder, and suggests enabling Joomla! support, and adjusting namespaces.
- DocBlocks standards for PHP files, classes, class properties, etc. When Joomla! support is recognized, PhpStorm suggests installing DocBlocks:
- PhpStorm suggests importing the Joomla! code style. See section Configuring Joomla! Support
- PhpStorm detects databases in projects. Just click in the Database Tool Window
tool window and choose Import from sources....
The settings specified in the file
configuration.phpare detected and used for the new data source connection.
- PhpStorm provides database prefixes support and changes
#__to the prefix that is defined in the
$dbprefixfield in the
It is worth noting that a database dialect should be selected in the SQL Dialects page of the Settings/Preferences dialog. Note also that the type of the selected dialect should be equal to your database type.