Configuring Behavior of the Editor Tabs
On this page:
Changing the number of editor tabs
To change the maximum allowed number of tabs
- Open the Editor settings. To do that, click on the main toolbar, then click the Editor node in the Setting/Preferences dialog box that opens.
- In the Editor Tabs page of the Editor settings (), type the desired maximum allowed number of the editor tabs to be opened at a time in the Tab limit field.
Disabling editor tabs
To disable editor tabs
- In the Editor Tabs page of the Editor settings, select None from the Tab placement drop-down list.
Tips and tricks
- If the tab limit equals to 1, the tabs will be disabled. If you want the editor to never close the tabs, type some unreachable number.
- With the disabled tabs, use the (Ctrl+E) command to quickly switch between files.
Last modified: 28 November 2017