for Windows and Linux
Use this page to configure the behaviour of the Xdebug and Zend Debugger.
| Pre-configuration || This area shows brief guidelines for installing a debugger, generating bookmarklets through which you will start/stop a debugging session by controlling the debugger cookie, and starting Zero-Configuration Debugging. |
| External Connections || In this area, specify how you want PhpStorm to treat connections received from hosts and through ports that are not registered as deployment server configurations. |
- Ignore external connections through unregistered server configurations: Select this check box to have PhpStorm ignore connections received from hosts and through ports that are not registered as deployment server configurations. When this check box is selected, PhpStorm does not attempt to create a deployment server configuration automatically.
- Break at first line in PHP scripts: Select this check box to have the debugger stop as soon as connection between it and PhpStorm is established (instead of running automatically until the first breakpoint is reached). Alternatively turn on the Run | Break at first line in PHP scripts option on the main menu.
- Max. simultaneous connections: Use this spin box to limit the number of external connections that can be processed simultaneously.
|Xdebug|| Use the controls in this area to configure debugging using the Xdebug tool. |
- Debug port: in this text box, specify the port for PhpStorm and the Xdebug engine to communicate through. This must be exactly the same port number as specified in the
By default, Xdebug listens on port 9000.
xdebug.remote_port = <port_number>
- Can accept external connections: select this check box to enable PhpStorm to accept any incoming connections from Xdebug engines through the port specified in the Debug port text box.
- Force break at the first line when no path mapping is specified: Select this check box to have the debugger stop as soon as it reaches and opens a file that is not mapped to any file in the project on the Servers page. The debugger stops at the first line of this file and Debug Tool Window. Variables shows the following error message: Cannot find a local copy of the file on server <path to the file on the server> and a link Click to set up mappings. Click the link to open the Resolve Path Mappings Problem dialog box and map the problem file to its local copy.
When this check box cleared, the debugger does not stop upon reaching and opening an unmapped file, the file is just processed, and no error messages are displayed.
- Force break at the first line when the script is outside the project: Select this check box to have the debugger stop at the first line as soon as it reaches and opens a file outside the current project. With this check box cleared, the debugger continues upon opening a file outside the current project.
|Zend Debugger||Use the controls in this area to configure debugging using the Zend Debugger tool. |
- Debug port: In this text box, specify the port for PhpStorm and the Zend Debugger engine to communicate through. Type the port number within the tunnel specified in the
php.ini file through
zend_debugger.tunnel_max_port. For details, see http://files.zend.com/help/previous-version/Zend-Server-4-Community-Edition/zenddebugger.html
- Can accept external connections: Select this check box to enable PhpStorm to accept any incoming connections from Zend Debugger engines through the port specified in the Debug port text box.
- Settings broadcasting port: In this text box, specify the port through which the debugger settings are passed to the debugging toolbar in the browser.
- Automatically detect IDE IP: when this check box is selected, PhpStorm detects all the host IP addresses to be sent to Zend Debugger through the
debug_host parameter. All the detected IP addresses are listed in the text box to the right. Autodetection of IP address is helpful when you use Vagrant, or VirtualBox, or other virtualization tool.
Clear the check box to block autodetection of host IP addresses and specify the required ones explicitly in the text box.
- Ignore Z-Ray system requests: Select this check box to block requests from the Z-Ray system if they annoy you by invoking the PhpStorm debugger too often.
If starting the Zend Debugger tool fails with the message "Port is busy", specify a port number of your choice higher than 10000.
| Evaluation || |
| Advanced Settings || |
Last modified: 28 November 2017