Duplicates Tool Window
On this page:
Panes of the Duplicates tool window
The window consists of the following panes:
- The left pane displays the tree view of the duplicate fragments of source code. Each node shows the following information:
- The number of duplicated code fragments found in scope.
- The 'cost' of the duplicate (which is an arbitrary unit calculated using an additive algorithm on the base of the code block size; generally, the larger is the code fragment, the higher is its cost).
- The containing class where the duplicates are located.
- The right pane shows the differences between the duplicated fragments of source code, selected in the left pane.
|Rerun||Click this button to rerun the duplicates analysis in the active tab.|
| Close Active Tab|
|Click this button to close the active tab.|
|Autoscroll to Source||If the button is pressed, selecting an entry in the left pane opens the respective file in the editor.|
|F1||Click this button to show reference.|
|F7 / Shift+F7||Move to the nxt/previous difference|
|Whitespace||Use this drop-down list to define how the differences viewer should treat white spaces in the text. |
|Highlighting mode||Select the way differences granularity is highlighted. |
The available options are:
|Jump to Source |
|Click this button to open the file in the active pane in the editor. The caret will be placed in the same position as in the Duplicates tool window.|
|Synchronize scrolling||Click this button to simultaneously scroll both differences panes; if this button is released, each of the panes can be scrolled independently.|
|Editor settings||Click this button to invoke the list of available settings. Select or clear this options to show or hide whitespaces, line numbers and indent guides, to use or disable the use of soft wraps, and to set the highlighting level. |
These commands are also available from the context menu of the differences viewer gutter.
Context menu commands
|Jump to Source||F4||Open in the editor the file that contains the selected duplicate, and place the caret at the beginning of the duplicate. The fragment of code is highlighted.|
|Show Source||Ctrl+Enter||Open in the editor the file that contains the selected duplicate, and highlight the fragment of code.|
|Send to left/Send to right||Use these commands, or the arrow icons , to place the selected duplicate to the left or right pane of the differences viewer.|
Last modified: 28 November 2017