Module Dependency Diagrams
- Building a module dependency diagram
- Analyzing a module dependency diagram
- Navigating from the diagram to the source code
Building a module dependency diagram
The action is not available on the
node_modules folders and on folders that are marked as Excluded.
Analyzing a module dependency diagram
PhpStorm analyzes the
require statements and
script tags in the selected file or in all the files in the selected folder recursively and in a separate tab displays a diagram that shows how these files depend on each other:
- A diagram consists of a number of rectangles. Each of them shows the name of the analyzed selected file and a list of detected imports. If an import is resolved, an icon that indicates the type of the imported symbol (e.g. or ) is shown next to it.
- An arrow from an analyzed file points at the target file from which the detected imports are made. If the target file is a library, its name is displayed on the grey background. If an import from a library is not resolved, the target file is displayed as a grey rectangle with red border.
- Resolved imports and exports are marked with the or icons respectively.
Navigating from the diagram to the source code
PhpStorm supports navigation from the diagram:
- To jump from a diagram to a file, right-click the file and choose on the context menu.
- To navigate to a specific
importstatement in the source code, right-click the required file in the diagram, choose on the context menu, and then choose the symbol to jump to from the Select Navigation Target pop-up list: