Creating and Importing Joomla! Projects
To have a PhpStorm project set up and configured in accordance with the Joomla! requirements, you can either create a project by a dedicated Joomla! template or import and existing Joompla! project.
In this section:
- How do I create a PhpStorm project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- How do I import a Joomla! project?
How do I create a PhpStorm project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- Choose File | New Project on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The Create New Project Dialog opens.
- In the left-hand pane, select Joomla! Integration.
- In the Location field on the right-hand pane, specify the folder where the project will be created.
- Specify the root folder of the Joomla! installation in the Joomla! installation path. Type the path manually or click the Browse button and select the relevant folder in the dialog box that opens.
- Select the desired Joomla! project type (component, module, or plugin).
How do I import a Joomla! project?
Besides creating a project anew according to the Joomla! template, you can open an existing Joomla! project in PhpStorm. PhpStorm recognizes the Joomla!-specific structure and suggests activating the Joomla! support in project.
- Open the folder with the Joomla! project
Choose File | Open Directory on the main menu, then select the required foler in the dialog box that opens.
- Enable Joomla! support in the project
As soon as PhpStorm detects the Joomla!-specific structure in the project, the following Joomla! Support message is displayed in a pop-up window: Click Enable.
- Configure PSR roots
As soon as PhpStorm detects PSR roots, it displays a message. Choose Automatic configuration.
- Install DocBlock templates
Click Install in the pop-up message that PhpStorm displays.