Creating and Importing Joomla! Projects
In this section:
- How do I create a PhpStorm project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- How do I import a Joomla! project?
How do I create a PhpStorm project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- Choose File | New Project on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The Create New Project Dialog opens.
- In the left-hand pane, click Joomla! Integration.
- In the Location field on the right-hand pane, specify the folder where the project will be created.
How do I import a Joomla! project?
Besides creating a project anew according to the Joomla! template, you can open an existing Joomla! project in PhpStorm. PhpStorm recognizes the Joomla!-specific structure and suggests activating the Joomla! support in project.
- Open the folder with the Joomla! project
Choose File | Open Directory on the main menu, then select the required foler in the dialog box that opens.
- Enable Joomla! support in the project
As soon as PhpStorm detects the Joomla!-specific structure in the project, the following Joomla! Support message is displayed in a pop-up window: Click Enable.
- Configure PSR roots
As soon as PhpStorm detects PSR roots, it displays a message. Choose Automatic configuration.
- Install DocBlock templates
Click Install in the pop-up message that PhpStorm displays.