Generating Instance Document From XML Schema
To generate an XML instance document from an XML Schema
- With the desired Schema (
.xsd) file opened in the active editor tab, choose on the main menu.
- In the Generate Instance Document from Schema dialog box that opens configure the XML instance document generation procedure:
- In the Schema Path text box, specify the location of the Schema to base the XML document generation on. By default, the field shows the full path to the current file. Accept this suggestion or click the Browse button and select the desired file in the dialog that opens.
- In the Instance Document Name text box, specify the name of the output file to place the generated XML in.
- Specify the location of the generated document. By default, it will be placed in the same directory as the source Schema file. To specify another location, click the Browse button and select the desired path in the dialog that opens.
- From the Element Name drop-down list, select the local name of the global element to be used as the root of the generated XML document.
- Specify whether to take restriction and uniqueness particles into consideration by selecting the corresponding checkboxes.
Last modified: 29 March 2018