On this page you will find a short Getting Started Guide that will walk you step by step from creating a web application to debugging and testing it.
Creating a new application
- Choose File | New Project on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The Create New Project Dialog opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose Empty Project.
- In the right-hand pane, specify the path to the folder where the project-related files will be stored. Click Create.
- Click Check out from Version Control on the Welcome screen or choose on the main menu.
- Select your version control system from the list.
- In the VCS-specific dialog that opens, type your credentials and the repository to check out the application sources from.
- ECMAScript 3
- ECMAScript 5.1
- ECMAScript 6: This version adds support for the features introduced in ECMAScript 2015-2017 as well as some current proposals to the standard.
- React JSX: This version adds support for the JSX syntax on top of ECMAScript 6
- Flow: This version adds support for the Flow syntax.
Downloading npm dependencies
If your application uses some tools, libraries, or frameworks, download the required packages.
- Do one of the following: