In this section:
Before you start
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Make sure the NodeJS plugin is enabled. The NodeJS plugin is activated by default. If the plugin is disabled, enable it on the Plugins settings page as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Quick start with a Node.js application
PhpStorm makes it easier to create, run, debug, and test Node.js applications. Here we will use a simple Express application as an example.
- Choose File | New Project on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The Create New Project Dialog opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose Node.js Express App.
- In the right-hand pane, specify the project folder, the Node.js interpreter, and the version of express=generator to use. In the Options area, choose the template and the CSS to use.
- When you click Create, PhpStorm generates a Node.js Express-specific project with all the required configuration files.