PHP support includes:
- Possibility to create PHP files and classes from templates.
- Full PHP 5.5 syntax support including generators, coroutines, the finally keyword, list in foreach, using empty() on the result of function calls and other expressions, class name resolution as scalar via the class keyword, and constant array/string dereferencing.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Error highlighting.
- Basic on-the-fly code completion.
- Resolution of
includestatements and file references, including references to
PHARfiles from the current project and the specified include path are shown in the project tool window under the Project View/Libraries/PHAR node and available for browsing right there.
- Class Completion.
- Intention actions and quick fixes.
- Surrounding with code constructs Ctrl+Alt+J and Ctrl+Alt+T.
- Code inspections.
- Jump to declaration (Ctrl+B).
PHP development support in PhpStorm is provided through the PHP plugin. The plugin is activated by default. If the plugin is disabled, enable it on the Plugins settings page as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Basic syntax highlighting:
- Improved PHP syntax coloring for various constructs. There are separate colors for: function and method declarations; function calls, static and instance method calls; classes and interfaces, static and instance class fields: