PhpStorm integrates with the nodeunit framework and makes it easier to test Node.js applications.
Creating and running unit tests for Node.js applications
- Enable nodeunit support.
- Write the unit tests.
- To have PhpStorm recognize the unit tests and detect the corresponding production source code, mark the folder where the unit tests are stored as a test folder.
- Create a run configuration of the type Nodeunit.
- Launch unit tests and monitor test results in the Run tool window.
Before you start
Creating Nodeunit tests
Creating a Nodeunit run configuration
- Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box by choosing on the main menu.
- Click the Add button on the toolbar and select the Nodeunit configuration type.
- In the dialog box that opens, specify the following:
- The name to identify the configuration.
- The path to the Node.js installation to use.
If you have appointed one of the installations as default, the field displays the path to its executable file.
- The working directory. This can be the project root folder or the parent directory for the
- The scope of tests to run.
- Apply the changes and close the dialog box.