PhpStorm provides you with comprehensive testing capabilities: you can create, manage, execute, monitor, and terminate tests from within the IDE.
To create and run tests on PHP applications, perform the following general steps:
- Generate tests and mark the folder where they are stored as the test folder.
- Depending on whether you want to run your tests locally or remotely, configure a local or a remote PHP interpreter.
- Enable support for your test framework on the Test Frameworks settings page.
- Create a run configuration for tests.
- Launch the tests and monitor test results in the Run tool window.
PhpStorm provides support for several PHP testing frameworks. Refer to the framework-specific tutorials for details on working with each of them: