Uploading and Downloading Files
Uploading files and folders
PhpStorm provides the following main ways to upload project files and folders to a deployment server:
- Manually, at any time through a menu command.
- Automatically, every time a file is updated, or before starting a debugging session, or during commit to your version control system.
How do I upload a file or folder manually?
In the Project tool window, select this file or folder, choose Upload to on the context menu, and then select the target deployment server from the list.
How do I upload a file or folder to the default server manually?
In the Project tool window, select this file or folder and then choose Upload to <default deployment server> on the context menu of the selection.
How do I upload application sources automatically before every debugging session?
- Create a run/debug configuration of the required type.
- In the Before launch area, click and choose Upload files to Remote Host from the list.
- In the Upload to Remote Host dialog that opens:
- From the Server list, choose the target deployment server.
- In the Local roots to upload area, create a list of root folders to upload. All the folders and files under the specified roots will be uploaded recursively.
How do I upload checked-in files immediately after commit?
- Start checking in your changes.
- In the After Commit area, choose the target server from the Upload file to drop-down list. Choose one of the existing deployment servers or create a new one: click and configure access to the relevant server in the Deployment dialog box that opens.
- To have PhpStorm automatically upload checked in files to the chosen server, select the Always use selected server checkbox.
How do I configure automatic upload of changed files to the default server:
- Open the Options dialog ( for Windows and Linux or for macOS).
- From the Upload changed files automatically to the default server list, choose when you want PhpStorm to upload changed files:
- To upload any manually or automatically saved file, choose Always.
- To upload only manually saved files, choose On explicit save action.
- To suppress automatic upload, choose Never.
Downloading files and folders
Files and folders can be downloaded only manually.
How do I download a file or folder?
In the Remote Hosts tool window, select the required file or folder and choose on the context menu of the selection.
How do I download a file from the default deployment server?
On the main menu, choose.