PhpStorm provides intelligent support for the Vue.js framework including:
- Recognition of the
.vuefile type and a dedicated
.vuefile template for Vue.js components.
- Support for
.vuefiles. PhpStorm by default provides code completion for ECMAScript 6 inside script blocks and for CSS inside style block. PhpStorm also recognizes the
langattribute inside the
styletags and allows you to use TypeScript, Pug, and CSS preprocessors instead.
- Completion for Vue.js directives in templates.
- Adding closing curly braces (
}) in Vue.js templates automatically.
- Code completion (Ctrl+Space and navigation (Ctrl+B) for Vue components inside the
- Code completion and navigation to the definition for Vue.js properties, properties in the data object, computed properties, and methods.
A collection of Live templates for Vue.js adapted from the collection created by Sarah Drasner.
Before you start
Install and enable the Vue.js plugin. The Vue.js plugin is not bundled with PhpStorm, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
To start working with Vue.js
- Just open an existing project. All Vue.js-related features will work without any additional configuration.
- To get better code completion for Vue API, install the
vuepackage in your project via npm if it is not installed yet: open the built-in PhpStorm Terminal (Alt+F12) and type
npm install vueat the command prompt.
To create a Vue.js component
In the Project view, select the parent folder for the new component and choose Vue Component from the list.
To use a Vue.js Live template
- Type the template's abbreviation or press Ctrl+J and select it from the list of available templates.
- To expand the template, press Tab.
- To move from one variable to another inside the template, press Tab again.