PhpStorm provides interface for installing, uninstalling, and upgrading client-side libraries and frameworks for your project using the Bower Package Manager. Alternatively, you can use the tool in the command line mode from the embedded local terminal.
Before you start
Open the built-in PhpStorm Terminal (Alt+F12) and type
npm install -g bower at the command prompt.
Creating a Bower configuration file bower.json
- Open the embedded Terminal ( ) and type the following at the command prompt:
cd <your project folder> bower init
- Answer the questions to specify the following basic settings:
- The testing framework to use.
- The browsers to be captured automatically.
- The patterns that define the location of test files to be involved in testing or excluded from it.
Configuring Bower in PhpStorm
- Choose the Node.js interpreter to use and specify the location of the Bower executable file and the