This section describes the procedures that are common for various types of applications. For details on debugging applications in the supported frameworks, refer to Web Technologies and PHP Frameworks and External Tools.
PhpStorm provides a full range of facilities for debugging your source code:
General debugging steps
- Decide which debugging engine you would like to use: Xdebug or Zend Debugger. On choosing the engine, install and configure it as described in Configuring the debugger engine.
- Depending on your debugging mode, define a run/debug configuration.
- Create breakpoints in the source code.
- Launch a debugging session as described in PHP Debugging Session.
- Pause or resume the debugging session as required.
- During the debugger session, step through the breakpoints, evaluate expressions, change values on-the-fly examine suspended program, and set watches.
After you've started a debug session, the icon that marks the Debug tool window toggles to to indicate that the debug process is active.
If you want to see the list of all currently debugging applications, select Viewing Running Processes section for details.from the main menu. Refer to the