Welcome to dotTrace Help!
dotTrace is arguably the most convenient tool for .NET performance profiling.
dotTrace lets you find performance bottlenecks in a variety of .NET applications, including applications based on .NET Framework up to the version 4.6 and Silverlight 5.
For the information about dotTrace system requirements, refer to this page.
- If you are new to performance profiling or dotTrace, start with reading the Basic Concepts chapter.
- For details on how to perform main profiling scenarios, refer to the How to chapter.
- If you need more information on profiling process (running and configuring a profiling session, getting snapshots, and so on), start with the Running dotTrace chapter.
- The details on performance snapshots analysis are covered in the Analyzing Performance Profiling Results chapter.
- Since the version 6.0, dotTrace provides the completely new way of profiling applications - timeline profiling. This method allows you to collect temporal data about your application. This way of profiling is extremely helpful when you need to analyze UI freezes, sync delays, excessive garbage collections, file I/O, and other interval events. For details on how to analyze timeline profiling snapshots, refer to the Analyzing Timeline Profiling Results chapter.