Starting Remote Profiling Session
You can profile .NET applications not only on the local computer, but on a remote computer as well. Moreover, in order to profile remotely, you do not have to install dotTrace on a remote computer. Nevertheless, remote profiling requires a number of preparation steps on the remote computer.
dotTrace uses the HTTP-based web service for remote profiling. This allows avoiding the majority of authentication problems and problems with firewalls.
To start a profiling session on a remote computer
- On the remote computer, do the following:
- Copy the RemoteAgent.zip archive from the dotTrace installation directory on your local computer (by default, C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Installations\dotTrace[N]) to any directory on the remote computer.
- Unpack the archive on the remote computer.
- Start Remote Agent from the console on the remote computer.
- Ensure that inbound connections to Remote Agent are not blocked by the firewall.
If you use Windows Firewall, open Control Panel | Windows Firewall | Advanced settings | Inbound Rules and check that connections are allowed in the Agent.Remote.WebServer rules.
- On the local computer, start dotTrace as a standalone application.
- Choose the New Session | Remote tab.
- In the central panel, specify the address of the remote agent service in
Remote Agent URL.
By default, the URL is net.tcp://[remote_computer_IP_address]:9100/RemoteAgent. However, you can change the default port and virtual directory of the service using Remote Agent's command line options. Run 'RemoteAgent.exe /help' for more details.
- Click Connect to establish connection with the remote host.
- In the central panel, do one of the following:
- In the right panel, configure profiling settings as described in Configuring Profiling Session.
- Click Run.