- View what kind of threads are being spawned by your application.
- Monitor all threads and their activities.
- Analyze each thread's activity.
- Find and examine critical execution paths.
To open the Threads Tree view:
- Click on the corresponding icon on the left panel.
The Threads Tree view lists all threads in your application. They are sorted by their execution time. Each thread is identified by its name or ID. The main thread is marked with the icon. The finalizer thread is marked with the icon. Other threads are worker threads. If a thread pumps messages, it has the icon, otherwise not.
You can expand a thread node and search the call stack for expensive functions. The appearance of this view depends on the current filters settings.
- The percentage of time spent in this call related to time spent executing the thread.
- Short name of the function being called.
- Total time spent in this function and its subtree.
- Number of calls made in this call stack.
- Full name of the called function.