Sharing Snapshot Data
Most software products are developed by development teams as opposed to individual developers. dotTrace provides several features that help developers collaborate with each other while investigating performance problems.
You can copy the signature of a function or a subtree to the clipboard and send it to your colleagues.
To copy the signature of a function
- Select a function.
- Do one of the following:
- On the menu bar, choose .
- Right-click the function, then click Copy Signature in the context menu.
- Press Ctrl+C.
- The function signature is placed on the clipboard.
You can copy the signature of a function in any view. However, copying a subtree is only available in Threads Tree or Call Tree.
To copy a subtree
- Select a snapshot node and expand it.
- On the menu bar, choose or press Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Expanded nodes are placed on the clipboard.