Basic Operations with Snapshots
Snapshots collected in profiling sessions* can be viewed in the Performance Profiler window. Here you can also open snapshots in corresponding viewers, export snapshots to files, and delete them. If a snapshot was collected using timeline profiling, you can open and analyze the snapshot right in the Performance Profiler window.
To open Performance Profiler
- In the Visual Studio menu, select .
To open a snapshot
- In Performance Profiler, double-click on the snapshot. If the snapshot was collected using the timeline profiling, this will open it right in the Performance Profiler window in Visual Studio. If you want to open the snapshot in the standalone Timeline Viewer, select in the context menu Open in Viewer.
In case of other profiling types, double-click will open the snapshot in the standalone Performance Viewer.
To export a snapshot to a file
- In Performance Profiler, right-click on the snapshot and in the context menu select Export.
- Select a folder where you want a snapshot archive to be saved and click OK.
To delete a snapshot
- In Performance Profiler, right-click on the snapshot and in the context menu, select .