Using dotTrace Performance you can:
- locate slowest-running parts in your code
- identify performance bottlenecks down to any particular function
- focus on a function to see what makes it consume CPU time
- untangle complex recursive calls
- compare function timings before and after optimization
The process of identifying bottlenecks in your application consists of two steps:
During profiling dotTrace measures the execution time of particular operations in the profiled application and saves this information in a snapshot.
In this section you will also learn how to launch and control the profiling process and how to profile different kinds of applications. If you're a profiling guru, you might be interested to take a look at dotTrace API.