When a large application runs too slowly, it can be difficult to locate a problem and understand which action to take. Thus, the next step after profiling an application and getting a snapshot is studying snapshot data.
Here's what you will learn in this section:
- What Is a Profiling Snapshot?
- Basic Operations with a Snapshot
- Different Ways of Presenting Snapshot Data
- Identifying and Narrowing an Area of Interest
- Finding Application Bottlenecks
- Performance Forecasting
- Closing in on a Function with Line-by-Line Profiling
- Labeling and Formatting
- Navigation and Search
- Previewing Source Code
- Comparing Profiling Data
- Sharing Snapshot Data